Like many of us, I have been carefully monitoring the news and the latest recommendations from both public health experts and the State of Michigan. I have made the difficult decision to suspend shop hours to protect our loved ones with compromised immune systems.
I’ve heard from over a dozen clients recently in desperate need of bow work. Over the next couple of weeks, I will start accepting bows by mail only, with hopes to offer curbside drop-off and pick-up at my shop in the near future.
I will be taking several necessary steps to reduce transmission of COVID-19:
- When the package is received, the exterior of the box will be wiped down with disinfectant.
- The packaged will remain sealed for 3 days, to reduce any possible transmission of germs.
- Bows will be processed one at time to avoid cross contamination.
- The bow will be photographed and disassembled while wearing gloves and a mask.
- The parts will be cleaned and polished, this process should disinfect the bow further.
- The bow will be carefully packaged once the work is complete and shipped via UPS.
This process will add a considerable amount of time to rehair and repair work. Turn around time should be expected to be about 1 week for a rehair. Even though the cost of hair has increased by over 13%, add the cost of PPE, and increased labor time involved, I am choosing to keep my prices the same. I understand many musicians are not working, or are working in limited capacity and I don’t want to push anyone over budget at this time.
Here is a link to my blog article involving the process of packing and shipping a bow: https://adbowsllc.com/2018/10/05/shipping-a-bow/
Please contact me to schedule bow work and I will provide you with my shipping address. Bows are a very personal item and are handled daily by their owners. Do not send your bow if you have been sick in any way within 2 weeks of shipping, this is for the safety of my family and other clients with compromised immune systems.
Now is an excellent time to catch up with the articles on my blog. There is plenty of material to take your mind off things and keep you occupied. Meanwhile, I will be at the bench catching up on bow orders and working on additional articles.
Wishing you all good health,